Inspired by http://2010.instatus.es/, but unhappy with the results due to my changing social media habits over the year, i set out to make my own 2010 word cloud from my facebook status, tweets, blog and blog entries. I used http://www.wordle.net/ to make the cloud after I conglomerated all of the posts into a large text file. I did weigh the status and twitter entries 3 times as much as the blog, because the blog is so verbose compared to them. The result is a pretty good depiction of my year.
Below are some representative entries that went in to making the word cloud, in rough order of time throughout the year:
- The wedding couple got me Agricola… I’m pretty sure the gift giving is supposed to go the other way. Tommorow’s their big day; very excited!
- I made a King Cake for Mardi Gras with my friend Sarah‘s help.
- PAX was a blast! Especially Video Game Orchestra, Paul and Storm, and group Chatroullet from the hotel lobby in lieu of a drunken after party.
- Is still yet to spend a St. Patricks day in Boston.
- Finally headed back to Boston!
- Now this game is getting interesting. #redsox
- It actually smells good outside in Roswell for once and not like horse or chicken shit. Quick which way is the wind blowing.
- Thanks life http://twitpic.com/1jgw35 #carcrash
- Wow #roflcon day one was so much better than last time, so many more lols. Was mind blowingly awesome. Ready for day two.
- The best bits of the #cocoswang show imho: Deon Cole, Triumph, and Dropkick Murphys!
- The Taj Mahal viewed from Agra Fort
- Despite all of this, our driver insisted on taking us to India Gate. We surmised that he could not even read a map.
- It’s good to be in Boston, but not as good as the thought of moving to Amsterdam.
- BOS -> DTW -> LAX -> ROW. I can’t believe I have to go back to Roswell, but at least I get to fly first class for the first time on the first leg.
- Oh man, trying to sleep, but when I close my eyes I feel like the room is banking and turning like the airplane. #thisisbad
- Ice cream and most importantly bread at picco’s south end. 4th stop on the ice cream marathon.
- Only 6.66Gb left to go downloading my starcraft 2 digital copy! (Thanks Ed)
- Another excelent performance vs. the Buckeyes! Never #firerichrod, best Michigan coach of all time!